On October 10, 2023, Canada we start sending out Invitations to Apply to potential sponsors who previously submitted an Interest to Sponsor form.
IRCC update – Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP):
Invitations will be sent by email over the next two weeks to randomly selected potential sponsors from the remaining pool of 2020 Interest to Sponsor forms.
How the 2023 intake will work
For the 2023 intake, we’ll invite potential sponsors from the remaining pool of interest to sponsor forms submitted in 2020.
Between October 10 and 23, 2023, we’ll send 24,200 invitations to apply to potential sponsors. Our goal is to accept up to 15,000 complete applications.
If you’re invited to apply
We’ll send your invitation to the email address you put on your 2020 interest to sponsor form. To make sure you don’t miss our invitation
- check the same email account you used on your 2020 interest to sponsor form
- check your junk mail or spam folder to see if an email from us is there
If your email address has changed or you have lost your confirmation number
You’ll be able to use the Find your lost confirmation number page to
- get the confirmation number you received when you submitted your 2020 interest to sponsor form
- receive a copy of your invitation to apply letter, if you have been invited
- tell us your new email address if you’re no longer using the one you put on your 2020 interest to sponsor form
We’ll post a link to the Find your lost confirmation number page on October 23, 2023.
If you’re not invited to apply
Parents and grandparents can visit for extended periods
If you’d like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada, they may be eligible to apply for a super visa which could let them stay in Canada for 5 years at a time.
Parents and grandparents visiting on a super visa can also apply for 2-year extensions to their stay while still in Canada.